Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Healthy Fast Food For Lunch


I love Chipotle Mexican Grill.  

I have found Chipotle to be one of the healthiest fast food choices around.  I actually go out of my way to arrange my schedule around the closest Chipotle, so I can eat a healthy lunch.

What is Chipotle Mexican Grill?


According to Chipotle's website, they serve "Food with Integrity", which they state means:

"It means serving the very best sustainably raised food possible with an eye to great taste, great nutrition and great value.

It means that we support and sustain family farmers who respect the land and the animals in their care.

It means that whenever possible we use meat from animals raised without the use of antibiotics or added hormones. And it means that we source organic and local produce when practical. And that we use dairy from cows raised without the use of synthetic hormones."

In the January 30th issue of The Wall Street Journal, Chipotle Mexican Grill's CEO was quoted as saying that the Chain's food will be GMO free by year end.  The same article states that "Shares jumped nearly 13% to $556.10 in after-hours trading as revenue for the quarter topped Wall Street's expectations. The shares finished 4 p.m. trading Thursday at $493.96, up 2%, ahead of the earnings figures."

Why Chipotle Mexican Grill is my #1 fast food lunch choice


All I know is I LOVE CHIPOTLE MEXICAN GRILL.  I could eat there every day and usually do a couple of times a week.  The food tastes fresh and is really, really good.

I love how I feel after I eat at Chipotle.  I'm not bloated at all.  I'm full, yet comfortable.  I stay satisfied for several hours without feeling like I need to snack.

My favorite Chipotle Mexican Grille Veggie Burrito Bowl!


I am careful not to eat some of the foods there in excess though.  Although the chips are highly addictive, a bag of chips is 570 calories, 27g of total fat, and 420g of sodium.  I rarely buy the chips when I'm alone because I'll eat the whole bag.  I also ask for "just a little" guacamole.  They are very generous with their scoops, and 1 serving is 170 calories and 16g of total fat.

It is possible to eat a healthy fast food lunch with options out there like Chipotle Mexican Grill.  It is one of the ways that not only helped me lose weight, but keep the weight off.


 Was this helpful?  If so, I'd appreciate it if you leave a comment or share on Facebook!








No comments:

Post a Comment